Optimization of empty container management for a supplier’s group-wide logistics
Implemented a proof-of-concept in container logistics for optimal distribution of empty containers:
- Agile management and implementation of the project
- Analysis and evaluation of available data sources and definition of data needs (in particular historical data)
- Developed an algorithm to determine the optimal target stocks of containers and suppliers taking into account delivery times and parts requirements.
- Released millions of empty containers and reduced manual workload to correct order requirements
- Derived recommendations for action and optimized processes for future operational implementation