Product Lifecycle Management
The Enabler of Tomorrow's Business.
Managing product and system data across the complete product lifecycle and all added-value areas is gaining importance. With a 360 degree perspective on products, processes, organization and IT, UNITY leads your PLM projects and PDM projects to success. Our supplier-neutral role guarantees independence and objectivity. We successfully set up your Product Lifecycle Management for the product development of the future. Together with you, we develop your PLM strategy, evaluate your PLM systems, support you in the selection and introduction of PLM systems, qualify your PLM team and advise you on the Digital Twin in the R&D process.
Product Lifecycle Management - Compact course
In our three-day live online training, we will show you how to systematically create a future-proof consistency across the relevant business processes in order to use product data effectively and thus make a product sustainably successful. Learn more about this!
We have designed a Master Plan of Action (MoA) for Engineering Excellence as a scalable and robust framework to measurably transform your company’s engineering. Starting from the as-is state, strategies and a target vision are designed that shape your processes, products and technologies, the organization and engineering IT as well as future business models. The achievement of goals is ensured by providing concrete descriptions of capabilities and use cases in the form of implementation specifications. These are the starting point for a business case (Online Seminar Webinar PLM Business Case).
Thus, the Master Plan of Action focuses on answering the questions of “Why, what, and how" in digital transformation. You can also benefit from this.
Strategy development for your digital engineering
- PLM Assessment: What is the current status of PLM in your company?
- PLM Strategy: Alignment of your PLM with your corporate strategy.
- PLM Business Case: Benefits and costs for your PLM projects.
- Position your product data management in relation to your strategic goals
- Clear plan of action to implement your PLM strategy
- Transparency in economic benefits
- UNITY industry expertise to focus on your future developments
Align your processes and empower your organization
- R&D Transformation: Process definition and an implementation plan for your organization.
- PLM Technical Specifications: Beyond Systems Engineering, engineering change and variant managemen.
- Realizable concepts for a transformation to modern product development
- Future-oriented concepts for your product development of tomorrow
- Efficient employee application of concepts and processes
Alignment of your engineering IT for the future
- PLM IT Architecture: Conception of your PLM applications and embedding them into corporate IT
- PLM Introduction: Planning the right approach to integrate your PLM – and not only the technical aspects!
- Integrated PLM with all important interface systems such as SAP
- Clear plan to transform your current PLM landscape into the target landscape
- Migration paths to eliminate your legacy data
- Project Management: Operationalization of PLM projects in (agile) projects
- Change Management: From creating awareness in top management to broad application
- PLM Training: Training the organization in PLM basics and technical concepts
- Proven agile project methodology - adapted to your organization!
- Strong support from management and enthusiastic employees in all project phases
- Kickstart project members and users in dealing with PLM
UNITY PLM expert Markus Kelch predicts:
"The PLM landscape will change over the long term – from instances that are closely customized to fit development, to comprehensive solutions that are also suitable for production, service and after-sales."
Read the whole article!
Read the article about the role of blockchain in the context of PLM here (published in automotiveIT 07-2019).
The Future of Digital Engineering
UNITY connects you to the future of Digital Engineering.
We are a member
prostep ivip is an international association that has committed itself to developing innovative approaches to solving problems and modern standards for PDM and virtual product creation.
UNITY at a Glance
25 years of innovation and digital transformation. Find out more in our annual report.
Digitalization of Product Development
Read how to make product development future-proof in our OPPORTUNITY.
PLM Meets Blockchain
Article about the role of the blockchain in the PLM context (published in automotiveIT 07-2019)
The future of product development: How to successfully solve future challenges with UNITY and Systems Engineering.
Read more about our current topics for experts and decision-makers.
Digital Engineering Training
Digital Engineering focuses on the networked creation, integration and processing of all relevant development information. Find out more about our training for Product Lifecycle Management!
Join Us as a PLM Expert!
We are looking for Product Lifecycle Management experts on many different career levels! Find all of our job openings here.