On the Path to a Digital Factory with Networked Production.
Decreasing batch sizes and product life cycles, increasing variant diversity – How intelligent does your factory need to be in order to be able to manufacture competitively in the future? We support your smart factory from strategy to concept and planning to commissioning for a production facility that will still be state of the art ten years from now.
Particularly in the corrugated board packaging industry, which is traditionally characterized more by manual activities and processes, enormous advantages can be created through technologically supported manufacturing processes. An experienced UNITY team developed a "Vision of the Factory of the Future" for Mondi in an intensive collaboration with the Mondi's experts within a very short time. This now serves as the basis for detailed planning. In the process, cross-industry experience in factory planning was combined with future-oriented technology concepts and process-optimizing measures to create an innovative, customer-specific overall picture.
How do you position yourself correctly for the future and not miss out on digitalization? Our experts work with you in just a few weeks to develop your personal vision, including a comprehensive roadmap of relevant and cost-effective digitalization projects. This vision lays the foundation for supporting your existing processes and enabling new business models.
- The competition is constantly evolving
- Hardly any overview of technologies on the market and corresponding benchmarks
- Many ideas, but an overall concept is missing
- Cost savings through a bundled & holistic strategy
- Foundation for a successful future – thanks to digitalization
- Sustainable increase in productivity
Are you interested in a smart factory, but don’t know where to start? Building upon traditional factory planning, the holistic IT/OT architecture plays a central role here. It is responsible for ensuring that your data and system are available at all times, and creates the prerequisite for your digital transformation and disruptive business models. With our expertise across the board, we plan & realize the next big milestone in your company’s history, together with you.
- Lack of expertise or experience regarding Smart Factory
- Holistic IT/OT architecture integration from the beginning
- New ways of thinking
- Networked factory: Availability of data and systems at all times
- Flexible and optimizes factory: Adapting to market requirements quickly and reduced maintenance costs
Digital optimization - real production. Virtualize your production with us and benefit from data-driven optimization of manufacturing processes. Our experts work with you to close the gap between OT and IT and take your production into the virtual world. We support you from conceptual design to implementation.
- Increasing product complexity requires specialized manufacturing technology
- Short product life cycles require flexible production systems
- Complex production control
- Data-supported lead time optimization
- Digital assembly planning
- Virtual commissioning and maintenance of individual machines
”With such a visionary factory concept, we are making the future happen at Mondi. With UNITY, we found the right partner to not only create a vision but hopefully also enable us to make it a reality.” - Armand Schoonbrood, COO, Corrugated Solutions Mondi Group
”UNITY‘s experience and impulses for the Smart Factory helped us to generate new ideas in a very short time, to structure them and to bring them together in a vision which can be detailed in next phases of the project.” - Praveen Agarwal, Project Lead ‘Estonteco’, Corrugated Solutions Mondi Group
Crisis plan for industry
Manage a crisis and seize new opportunities. Learn more!
UNITY Assembly Friend
Assistance system for the efficient provision of digital information in production, quality assurance, maintenance, repair and installation.
Smart Electronic Factory (SEF)
As a part of the Smart Electronic Factory, we are actively shaping the development of Industrie 4.0.
Seize the Opportunity of Industrie 4.0
Which architecture models for the implementation of Indutrie 4.0 already exist and which targets do they pursue.
Industrie 4.0 and Digital Factories
Article by Carsten Matysczok, Nils Hohlweger, Mehmet Ilcin and Philipp Wibbing, published in ProduktDaten Journal (No. 1/ 2018).
Read more about our current topics for experts and decision-makers.